Tuesday 1 October 2024

Great News! - Christmas Tree

I can't believe I'm talking about the "C Word" on a 1st of October but I was eager to share my news and also this will give more time to people who may want to tat this for Christmas.

Several years ago now, I made a blogpost about a lovely Christmas tree pattern designed by Edith Roesti-Holenstein which a friend from Germany had helped me obtain.  I had several comments and enquiries by tatters who wanted to make it but the designer was not online and only sold paper copies locally or by post if I remember correctly.

However, I am delighted to say that after exchanges and with help from my friend as the intermediary, I was given permission to share it here on my blog!  It's taken me a while to get around to tatting it afresh and I thought it was more complex to tat than it actually is.  You do have to cut and tie after some of the rounds but to be honest this is then hidden underneath and you could just knot and cut the ends if you wished instead of sewing them in.  I'm trying to see if there was any way of making it in one pass but I've not been able to do so yet (or not at all maybe).  The "snow" is added afterward with crochet.

I will try my best to get the pattern together as soon as possible and make a new blogpost about it when it's ready.  So keep checking back if you'd like to tat the little tree!











The tree in the background is the one I made many years ago and the one in the foreground is the one I just made.

The other thing I need to figure out is how to share the pattern as I've had many problems with Google Docs over the years and people telling me they can't access my patterns there.  If anyone has good suggestions on how best to do that, I'd be grateful.  I'll see if I can just post the pattern straight here into a blogpost.

To be continued...

Best wishes,
Frivole

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! I always find pdf's the easiest to share/use. Much luck on the techie side of things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!