Thursday 10 October 2024

Little Christmas Tree Pattern

Well here it is at last!  It's more than 10 years since I first talked about it so hopefully it was worth the wait! Again I'd like to thank the designer, Mrs. Roesti-Holenstein, for generously giving permission for me to share her pattern on my blog. I also want to thank my German friend for being the intermediary and for her help in making this happen. I really felt this one would be enjoyed by many tatters. And now is a perfect time of year to share it too!


I've uploaded the pdf on Google Drive and set permission to "everyone with the link"
so I hope it works!  Let me know please.




This is what it looks like, just finished, without the crochet snow.




I think adding the snow really helps give the tree a nicer shape.
It helps spread the "branches" better.



And to finish here is a slightly more top-down view of it.

The pattern (as I have written it) has not been test-tatted by anyone but me so if you make it, please feel free to let me know if you find any mistakes and amendments you think would benefit tatters.  I'm a big fan of patterns made in one pass so I have used split rings and split chains to move from round to round.  If you are not confident with split rings and chains, you can cut and tie for each round (there are 6 rounds).  I have videos that show how to make split rings and chains on my YouTube Channel if you're looking for a bit of help on making them.

On split chains in particular, I know they don't get used all that often in patterns and may seem a bit daunting but they're not that difficult once you've practiced them a bit.  They are a really useful design element to help move from round to round and for that reason, I think they're great!

I'm thinking of making a series of video that demonstrate how to make the tree, what do you think?

Best wishes,
Frivole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!