Saturday 12 October 2024

More on Little Christmas Tree

I was looking at one of my trees last night and all of a sudden wondered... "why not make the snow with tatting instead of crochet?"

So here is a version with tatted snow.

In fact, I think I prefer the tatted snow as it's a little firmer and is perhaps even better at helping give the branches their shape.  I have now amended the pattern and added the information on tatting the snow so if anyone wants to re-download it, you'll now get the most recent version.

Here's trying to give you a better look at the tatted snow.

As I mentioned in the pattern, I used normal lock joins on this version but it would look nice with Catherine Wheel joins too.  Perhaps I'll use them on the next version when I try adding beads for baubles as well.

My forest is growing!

I'll look forward to hearing from anyone who makes the first tree.  Feedback is welcome!

Little Christmas Tree Pattern

Best wishes,
Frivole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!