Friday 10 June 2011

Kira's Star

Another break from the doily and a bit of beaded tatting.  I don't often use beads as I find it just breaks the rhythm and slows me down too much!  But I felt like re-visiting this pattern which I used last Christmas (a deep purple with gold beads was quite effective for the festive season).  So here is Kira's Star in more of a springtime colour scheme.

Again in my impatience, I couldn't wait until tomorrow to take pictures in the daylight so these are indoor photos (and they never come out so well for me).  I'll try to upload a better one tomorrow.





The colour on the white background is more accurate, a pale minty green.
But I thought the design showed up better on a darker background.

Update:  The sun was shining this morning so I took an extra photo
of it hanging in my apple tree with the water drops 
shining off the growing apples and leaves.



I like this pattern very much and think it looks pretty with the addition of beads (which are not in the original pattern).

P.S. Only 9 repeats left on the last round of the doily!

Best wishes,

6 comments:

  1. Only nine?? Gulp!

    I love this motif and am not sure how you get that fourth bead on... Are there three on the shuttle thread (within the ring) and then one is on the ball thread at the base of the three? So neat.

    It looks fine on my computer in the green - better in fact than the darker one.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your beaded version. It is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Fox, you're spot on. Slide three beads on the thread around your hand before starting the ring, then slide the fourth from the core thread before making the picot. I always like the look of these 4-bead picots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful star, lovely pattern and I like your colourways.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I like the pic of your star hanging on your apple tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!