Sunday 10 April 2011

Lace Quarter-Glove

This will be my last post for the next couple of weeks as I am going on holiday with the family... somewhere with no internet access!

This is what I've been working on with the border from the previous post.  I have seen a couple of these "slave bracelets" on the net and fancied having a go at making my own.  I don't like the name "slave bracelet" though...  That's why I called it Quarter-Glove after having tried a few other terms:  hand embellishment, lacy hand adornment?  Any other suggestions?

I combined beading with lace-making in this one and made a beaded ring to hold the lace around the middle finger.  It closes with a button on the underside.



Close-up of the beaded ring.

Just a bit of summer fun!

I wish you all a lovely Easter break - Feliz Pascua - Joyeuses Pâques!  

See you in a couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on your blog, and I'm amazed how many posts I've missed in the past few days!

    You've really been busy - all projects are wonderful!

    As it's late at night here on the East Coast USA, you may not receive this comment in time before your trip, but I just want to wish you a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful glove, I like the ring on them.
    I hope you have a lovely holiday and look forward to seeing any new tatting you do on holiday when you come back.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! i like the beaded ring! it's gorgeous! have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are called 'Handflowers' at Renaissance Fairs. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, that's a pretty name, I'd not heard it before. Thank you!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!