Saturday 30 April 2011

Forget-Me-Not Handkerchief

I started this hanky border during the last few days of the Easter holiday.  I had been inspired by Diane's version of it and decided to make one too.   This is Mary Konior's forget-me-not pattern from her book "A Pattern Book of Tatting".

When I went outside to take pictures of it, I found we still had a couple of patches of forget-me-not in our garden.  So here is the hanky pictured with the real thing!



I used Lizbeth size 40 so it grew quite quickly.  I crocheted one row with white thread around the hanky first, then used the pink thread and crochet to attach the lace to the first white row. 

Simple, but pretty I think.

Best wishes,

11 comments:

  1. That is a good idea to crochet a row first, the tatting and the photos are lovely, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy linda, el color rosado bello y la mfoto, entre las flores; ¡PRECIOSA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love this edging. I think I'll use size 40 next time, and there will be a next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful edging and color. Your tatting is wonderful and even! I like the way you've attached the tatting - it looks extra nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice finish! Your hanky is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful edging, your hanky looks beautiful
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty? PRETTY? It is gorgeous!

    Like Diane, I must use #40 next time. Your tatting is so perfectly consistent. What a treat!

    The crocheted edge is great. Must try that as well!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frivole, your inTatters mailbox is full. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ein sehr schöner Rand für das Taschentuch.
    Die Farbe gefällt mir auch sehr gut.
    Sehr hübsch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!