Sunday 3 April 2011

Stardate Pendant

This is Marilee Rockley's "Lacey Treasure" pendant.  Made in size 10 "Stardate" thread (also by Marilee).  I'm not completely happy with it but just a little something to show you.  I'm not sure about having to sew the centre pearl on at the end and might try to find a way of incorporating it into the tatting so it doesn't stand out so much (not obvious from the photo but it's really "on top" of the tatting rather than into it).  The drop bead at the bottom is not quite right either but that's all I had on hand.


So I need to find some more appropriate beads if I am to re-do this pendant.  I will also try it in a smaller thread for a pair of earrings.  I saw Monedido's earrings (at In Tatters) and they were so perfect that I fancy making some too!

Best wishes,

3 comments:

  1. It looks quite unique! I think maybe some smaller beads would let the tatting stand out more-just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with GK. All I see are the beads. I love Yarnplayer's 'stardate'! I think smaller beads in a colour that complements the thread would allow your tatting to shine. It's a wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It a lovely design, but the beads are looking a bit out of place and maybe too big perhaps some small ones might make the design shine out.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!