Tuesday 3 October 2023

Tatting Demo & New Lace Lamp

 I was invited to do a lace demonstration at a National Trust Property called Snowshill Manor this weekend.

Here is some of what I had prepared for the day:


I thought snowflakes in particular
would be most appropriate for a place called "Snowshill"!



And here is my table layout in the manor.  You can see the little lace lamp I made specially for the occasion but also to have a smaller "large lace" item that I could take with me when needed (my chair and large lamp are not that easily transportable).




I enjoyed creating the little lamp and would like to make more.  I'm also thinking it's getting near time to get my new snowflake pattern for 2023 ready!

What's keeping you busy at the moment?

Best wishes,
Frivole

11 comments:

  1. Great display. Love your lampshade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tatting display is very eye-catching. I like the lamp a lot but I'm curious what shuttles you used for such large thread.
    And did you say chair? :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lavinia, I was able to 3D-print myself some large shuttles when I was at university a couple of years ago and have been using them to make large scale lace... yes, including a chair! You can see a pair of those shuttles (in blue) on the edge of the table in the photo above.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful display and lamp!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your display is gorgeous. I'm fascinated by the lamp. I'd love to see the chair, and the 'big' lamp, also. Your work is always beautiful.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, I'll make a blogpost about the chair and the lamp, good idea. Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful display!!! Nice to be next to a window & your light/lamp is charming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your tatting display is stunning! Love the lamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!