Tuesday 30 January 2024

Not Able to Comment?

Ok, I'm starting to worry...  it's two blogposts in a row that have not received any comments at all.  Of course, it may be that they were not interesting and no one wanted to write anything but it still seems a bit strange to me.

Would some of you reading this (I hope some of you are!) kindly try to write a comment and if it doesn't work, could you email me at frivole*at*btinternet.com and let me know please?  I'd really appreciate it.


And here's a little tatting image to decorate this blogpost.


Thank you very much!

UPDATE 31.01:  Thank you very much everyone who has taken the time to write me emails and commented - it's working again!  It's true I had changed the settings a few months ago for moderation because I was getting so much spam.  I've now changed them back and hopefully the spam won't come back too soon.  It's lovely to hear from people, I really appreciate it so thank you everyone!  I will answer emails over the next couple of days.

Second Update 01.02:  Thank you again for all the responses, it's really cheered me up that people still enjoy blogs and that you do come and visit mine!  :-).   I feel rather silly that I had changed comment moderation (due to too much spam) and promptly forgot to go check on blogger to approve them!  So it's all my fault, I can't even blame technology for this one.  I have now removed comment moderation but see that I already have spam coming back in so I may have to leave it on (sorry as I know it's a bit annoying to deal with).  I'll leave it off a while longer but if it gets too bad, I'll have to start moderating again.  Hopefully this time, I won't forget to go approve comments so they appear on my blog!  

Best wishes,
Frivole

14 comments:

  1. Hi , Hope this get through to you. Love the snowflake. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lovely to read comments again!

      Delete
  2. I had written a comment on your last post on the day it was posted. I thought you had started moderating comments and it would appear later. Is that not the case? Check Ccmments in Blogger, just in case? Let's see if this goes through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool snowflake--I like the woven picots. Is it in your Etsy store? And yes, I do check your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty snowflake. I like how crisscrosses on the arms

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Joelle
    Ich versuche es zu posten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote a comment on the last post (d*i*amond earrings) but it didn't show up. Thought you had started moderating comments for some reason. When there were NO comments after that, I thought you just were very busy and hadn't had time to go through the comments and put them on your blog. Anyway, I like the earrings, and I don't have a particular 'go-to' earring pattern. I tend to make enough of one pattern for family and friends, then set it aside. Next time I want to tat earrings, I usually try to find another pattern - one nobody already has in their collection from the last time. :)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems to be working now.
    SW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your posts are always lovely to read. I don't always comment because I may be browsing on a device that isn't easy to use (like my itty bitty phone). Often I'm checking blogs in those few minutes between appointments or meetings. Not enough time to comment. My time at the desk has been eaten by the pile of administrative tasks that never goes away. So, I do enjoy your pictures and stories. I do want to encourage you, just don't comment often. My bad! I'll try to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to see you have comments working again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should be able to moderate comments without having them disappear altogether??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course, you are right Jane! Feeling rather silly at the moment! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!