Thursday 11 January 2024

Happy New Year!

Ooh, I realise I didn't even post a Christmas message this year but I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with family and friends and that you are looking forward to a great new year 2024 full of joy, happiness and creativity!

After working on the Holly snowflake, I didn't do much tatting, concentrating more on making Christmas decorations and cooking and baking and just enjoying time with the family.  

This year, inspired by some instagram videos, one daughter and I had fun making dried orange and leaf garlands, up cycled cardboard decorations and little orange foxes to decorate the house:






Each year, I enjoy making a nice-looking meatless Christmas dinner option:




And finally, the town hall looked really pretty decked up in its Christmas lighting:



During the holidays, I had cold feet and decided I needed a new pair of slippers.  I followed Jess Coppam's pattern for crochet slippers and made these:


And then thought my husband would like some too so I modified the top of the slippers and made him this pair:



They are quick to make with super chunky yarn and size 6.5mm crochet hook.

How is the start of the year shaping up for you?  Any exciting projects you will be working on?  I always enjoy hearing from you!

Best wishes,
Frivole

6 comments:

  1. Happy new year! I’m sure your house smelt nice, with dried oranges and spectacular baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! It sounds like you had a great time with your family.
    Oh, your Christmas decorations are lovely! I like the orange foxes a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks terrific!! :)
    Great slippers and decorations!!
    I am starting my new year off knitting(which really isn't my thing). We know someone who had twin boys and needs blankets. I am just doing a plain knit stitch blanket for each in a chunky yarn(Bernat Baby Blanket yarn). I knitted the first one in 5 days and I might have this one done tomorrow(another 5 day baby blanket). ;) I will post pictures on my blog when they are done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, I hope you have a lovely year and finding more inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please share the recipe for that lovely Christmas dinner meatless center piece you made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deine Weihnachtsdekoration ist sehr schön geworden. Auch die gehäkelten Hausschuhe sind prima und wärmen bestimmt sehr gut.
    Auch ich habe mit Tatting Pause gemacht.

    LG Johanna




    KG Joscha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!