Tuesday 15 September 2015

Iris

I think many of you will recognise the start of this piece?  I find Iris Niebach's designs to be feats of engineering.  Really interesting to see how she manages to wind her way around the piece so that she can create a whole doily in one pass.  Clever.


The pattern called for one light and one dark colour but I now wish I had chosen two colours that are a bit closer in intensity.  I think there is too much contrast between the two I have chosen.  Never mind.  I will complete this one and perhaps try again with other colours.

Muskaan tatted this design recently and wrote a great post about the pattern with valuable complementary information and it can be found here.

Best wishes,
Frivole

10 comments:

  1. I do love Iris's designs! I haven't yet given away any of her pieces that I've tatted... I love them too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I completely agree about Iris's designs. Her brain just works in a totally different way, and it is fascinating. Which book is this pattern from?

    I like the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you there Miranda. She really tackles tatting design in a whole new way. This is from her blog actually (as Fox mentions below).

      Delete
  3. Wow that looks such a difficult pattern, so admire you attempting it and look forward to seeing its completion. Just a coward really, Muskanns complementary information must have helped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you did spot my typo! Corrected now, of course, I meant to write complementary and not complimentary! It's just nice to see each part of the TIAS tatted up on Muskaan's blog. Also I couldn't find part 3 and Muskaan's link took me there. She also gives the order of work on an image with all the numbers added on top which can be very useful too. It's easy to get lost in the "maze" that is this pattern. :-)

      Delete
    2. Well, I suppose it is complimentary too… as she offers the information free of charge! :-)

      Delete
  4. Brave you, tackling Iris's T.I.A.S. Mat from 2009!

    I've looked at it a lot, but have to work up some courage! Looking good so far. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well spotted Fox. And you can tackle anything! You can do this too.

      Delete
  5. I think it looks wonderful so far!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking really good - the rings are behaving themselves :-))
    I wouldn't mind the i-e switch - some typos are fun ;-P
    Looking forward to seeing this completed - Love the colours !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!