I adjusted the stitch count to avoid the "hat effect" in the centre round but of course, that created other problems elsewhere so I would need to add a few stitches on the second round as well. Changing the centre also altered the overall shape of the design making it more square. I would like to keep the initial shape so some more thought required. I made a complete hash of the split chain to link from the first to the second round (obviously more practice needed there!). But I do like it, and I think I may have to make another three just to see what it looks like in a repeat of four... It would need a few extra picots for joining but I think it would be interesting in a repeat pattern.