Saturday 21 November 2015

And the Winners are...

Beth, Maria, Happy Dogma, Moopsee and Julie!  I have emails for Julie and Happy Dogma but Beth, Maria and Moopsee, can you please contact me with your emails so I can send you the pattern!


I have also received another Kreinik thread which I can highly recommend:  it's Blending Filament 032 (Pearl).  It looks a bit "golden" on the reel but has a very similar effect when tatted up.

It's Kreinik 032 on the left, Kreinik 5760 in the middle, and DMC 4300 on the right in the photo below.  They all work well to add a lovely subtle sparkle to your snowflakes.


And with all this pattern testing (two snowflakes in quick succession), I've been tatting up a storm!  Which is good because I now have enough snowflakes for my Christmas cards.  I have even more than when I took the photo.  I've also been working on a mini snowflake design - that's the tiny snowflakes you can see in the photo below.  It's not quite there yet but I thought it'd be nice to have a really quick little pattern for when you have just a bit of thread left on your shuttles.



Best wishes,
Frivole

16 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blizzard!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Would love to see how you're going to use them on Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the winners, Beautiful blizzard, your Christmas cards will be lovely again this year
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, shucks...I didn't win the giveaway. I'll swap you for my latest snowflake pattern ;)

    And wow, you have been busy tatting snowflakes. I would have definitely gotten burned out from making so many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am so thrilled to have been one of the winners! I can't tell you how much it means to me to have this happy upbeat sunshiny bit of serrendipity amongst the dark and threatening clouds! Not only am I buoyant and HAPPY to be tatting this surprise gift, I also take it as a sign of hope that our luck will turn around and things will be getting better. Thank you SO MUCH!!! Love-love-love your tatting, love your designs, love your ahuttles, love your photos, love your tips and auggestions and willingness to help....LOVE YOU!!!! -Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. - I don't see your "Snowdrop" listed for sale on this website. Is it on your Etsy webpage?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another P.S. - yes, the Snowdrop pattern is for sale in your "la Cossette" Etsy shop...in case anyone else is looking for it, also....

    You should post it in the patterns on your blog, too! :)

    I am excited you are working on a minisnowflake design, too! I keep looking at the snowflake earrings you showed us last year and yearning to make them. I particularly like the pearls with the design. I have never tried working with beads...maybe I need to stop being so timid and branch out! Can't wait to see YOUR mi snowflake desing, though - I assume about the right size for earrings? ...i love how you use ohotographs of real snowflakes as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quelle superbe tempête de flocons !
    Je suis super contente d'avoir gagné ! Un grand merci pour ce tirage au sort ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I love the Kreinik blending filament as well. It's perfect for adding that subtle sparkle without changing the overall color.

    Tiny snowflakes like those are perfect to hang on a tabletop tree. Or pin a lot of them, blizzard-like, onto a satin ball for a pretty "full-size" ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot believe I won this wonderful pattern...
    I've started about one month ago tatting snowflakes and yours will be a great addition to my collection!
    thank you again and again

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful blizzard! Congratulations to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous blizzard! I'm first in line to buy your min-flake, they would be perfect for my MN flakes. Can't wait. I'm currently working on another Bentley, it's working beautifully with 8.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another pretty snowflake ! Looks quite dainty. Never thought of it like that, but this one is Definitely feminine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty flurry of snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!