Sunday 26 March 2017

Mothering Sunday

Happy Mother's Day!

I was spoiled by my children today... and the weather!  It was a glorious spring day, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, the buds look like they're about to burst on all the trees.  Wonderful.

After ordering not one but three shades of ecru/ivory for my latest project...  I went for green instead!  I hope I don't regret my choice.

The clocks went forward last night so in late afternoon I was still able to sit in the garden, sipping my coffee and doing a bit of tatting whilst enjoying the last rays of sun.


The green of the thread is not quite accurate in this photo.
It's darker and "greener" in real life.


I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

Best wishes,
Frivole

12 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you! Ours won't be until May, so this is like a double celebration. The green looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That green looks lovely. Envious of the pleasant Spring day, at the moment Melbourne is experiencing a really hot Autumn our average temperature for March as been in the high 20s with very little rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does indeed sound like the perfect day! Happy Mothers' Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work. I congratulate all with the feast of the Mother! Health, success in work and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green looks lovely and I think it will better in green than ecru
    It was a beautiful day yesterday it was nice to see the sun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Es ist ein sehr schönes grün.
    Gratulation zum Erfolg.
    Ich gratuliere zum Muttertag. Bei uns ist das im Mai.
    Es war ein sehr sonniger Tag Gestern und Heute für Occhi im Freien.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Mothering Sunday. A bit of light in a dark season. I think the green really makes that pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I write through a translator, so I apologize for any rough translation.And what is the yardage of the yarn that You use for tatting? We in Russia are well suited for tatting thread Roza - mercerized cotton 100 grams - 640 m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, the translation is fine! :-)
      The thread I'm using for this one is DMC Babylo and it comes in 50g balls but the yardage for 100g would be 734m. So mine is just a little finer than yours.

      Delete
  9. I've completed this pattern a few times using the traditional method following Jan's stitch count. I was trying to determine by enlarging the photo above which method you chose to use. I've been contemplating trying Jan's method. Also, what did you decide regarding the varying lengths of the chains?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!