Wednesday 29 March 2017

Green Doily & Small Choker

I'm making progress on the green doily and have started on the second round of medallions.  I ended up doing regular fs/bs tatting rather than Jan's method as it seemed to me his way of starting with a full stitch on the back side was throwing the stitch count unless there is still something that is escaping me?  Anyway, here's where I'm at so far.



I put it to one side temporarily when my daughter said she'd like a black choker to wear to a ball next week.  I showed her several edgings and she said she wanted really narrow and chose this very simple flower one which won't take long to whip up.  I might make her another too in case she decides, when she tries it on, that a bit wider might be nice too.  



Best wishes,
Frivole

11 comments:

  1. I agree with you on Jan's method and much prefer fs/bs. I love how the mat is shaping up with the negative space also drawing one’s attention.

    Now that choker is quite a coincidence - please check out my latest post and you'll see why ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the design of your doily so far!! :)
    Beautiful start on that choker!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The choker is great but I think you're wise to have a backup too. If she has a long neck like my daughter, it may be too "thin". Doily looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I never have never understood JS's rational for tatting his own peculiar method. Perhaps, he just wanted to be considered more unique than in fact he was?

    The motifs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even in his book where he has a picture of his method and the other way, if you stare at it long enough I live the regular way my self I think it looks better. I love the choker I think black is very elegant but I struggle with it when tatting, it is hard for me to see 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to be able to whip up a choker on request!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful pieces.....I seem to be afraid of stepping out with color on larger pieces, but when I see others, I love them.....must get braver and try other colors :) enjoy your blog a great deal Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely doily, Hope she enjoys her choker

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, may I know how you made the choker stiff? It looks quite stiff :) also the thread size? Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!