Monday 11 November 2013

Ice Queen Revisited

Snowflakes are definitely on my mind now!  Nearly mid-November, I can hardly believe it.  I decided to tat Ice Queen again.  I had not made it since completing the work for the pattern last year.  I thought it curled a bit more than I remembered before I pressed it and wondered whether it would benefit from making the centre just a bit larger to give the rest of the design a bit more space to "breathe".

Here is tonight's version:


Also there's not enough contrast between the bugle beads
and the thread, I shall have to re-tat this.
Not satisfactory.


Best wishes,
Frivole

17 comments:

  1. I think this looks great as it is - subtle and icy. I don't think it needs more contrast... Also, it'll look really nice hanging and catching the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Satisfies me! If you don't want it, just send it along. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. feelings are unanimous, it looks good just like it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very beautiful from here!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking lovely to me, it looks so lacey on the outside and the beads will give it shine.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je le trouve très joli comme ça. Les couleurs de fil et les perles rappellent bien le froid et la glace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, Lovely! Haven't yet attempted "beads", but you make it very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your 'blue' version much better than the typ. white snowflake even with sparkles added.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I envision it in white with blue beads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, thank you all for such positive feedback! Sometimes it takes different eyes to point out what one couldn't see!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!