Thursday 13 October 2011

Mmmm... Grape Snowflake??

Through Jane Eborall's blog, I found out about Natalie's threads:  her shop is called the Yarn Yard on Etsy.  She is based in the UK, so I had to give her threads a try.  She really has some gorgeous colour schemes.  This is "Grape" and I'm afraid the photo doesn't do it justice, it's really beautiful IRL.  Well, it's evening and as is too often the case, I am too impatient to wait until tomorrow to get a better photo in daylight!


As for what I've tatted with it, I do like the shape of this motif very much.  It was a pattern I had printed off the internet ages ago and had never tried yet.  I found it on Sharon's Tatted Lace Blog.  I was after a reasonably simple design to show off the beauty of the colours in this thread.  But I already have another plan in mind for Grape so hope to be able to show you something else made with it in the near future (I don't make any promises though!  As you know I often get side-tracked).

Update:  Here's a new photo taken in sunlight today.

Yes, the colours are definitely better on this one.


Best wishes,

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that's lovely! Looks very Autumnal on this monitor, rather than grapey... And the motif is a lovely shape. (Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design of that motif! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful motif and I have to agree Grape is lovely - I snagged some too but haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice autumnal colours and a beautiful motif.
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely motif and beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pattern and gorgeous colour,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!

    Occasionalcrafter, yes you are right, autumnal, but if you look on the new photo, I can definitely picture a bunch of red grapes in these shades. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes - much better :)
    It's lovely thread, and makes a change to be uk based too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!