Tuesday 17 January 2017

Owl Necklace

I came up with this design back in 2012.  I had some lovely paua shell beads and they inspired me to make a tatted frame for them and this is how this necklace came about.  The "frame" can be used to feature different things as you can see in these examples.  Recently I found some little owl beads and thought they would look pretty in this necklace.



Below are the first versions of a few years ago with paua shell beads:




I've also made it in red with a little apple pendant:


And lastly, I decided to remake the owl necklace using the owl
like a bead, but it was too short.  So I added two 4mm pearl
beads either side to get the right length.
Doing this will let you adapt different size ornaments to fit the design.




I finally got around to writing a proper pattern for it.  I called it "Cameo" as it reminded me of pretty framed cameo necklaces.  

Best wishes,
Frivole

9 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!