Friday, 2 October 2026

The Forgotten Snowflake!

Really, I had completely forgotten about Alwyn... the snowflake I designed last year, which even got test-tatted by some helpful tatters but then I ran out of time to publish it before Christmas... so I forgot about it and never finished writing the pattern! 



I decided to add a variation as I did like another version I'd made (unintentionally, by forgetting one of the elements in one of my test pieces). They're similar but quite different at the same time I think. And I like both so decided to include both in the pattern. The one on the left is definitely closer to the real snowflake photo though.




I'm nearly there but now need to tackle the dreaded diagram drawing. I'm using Procreate but it's still a learning curve for me and a slow process.

Once I've got that one sorted out, I already have my Wilson Bentley book of snowflakes out to choose one for this year's new snowflake!

Best wishes,
Frivole

7 comments:

  1. both are definitely worth publishing. Can't wait to see which one you pick next

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I tatted it. Good luck with the diagramming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you very much again Jane, it was really helpful! :-)

      Delete
  3. Stunning work! I look forward to purchasing your pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I like both. The one on the left does look "flakier," but variety is the spice of life. Thanks for reminding us all, and good luck with your diagrams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree and the one on the left is the one I made to look most like the real snowflake... I just felt the one on the right was pretty enough to deserve being tatted too! :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!