Here is an edging by Thérèse de Dillmont (she's the editor, not the designer) which you can find here in the Antique Patterns Library - what a wonderful resource! This is a pattern I've made before in years past but decided to re-visit and take the opportunity to make a video.
The left photo is from the original book and the green edging is my own tatting.
I shall be edging a new handkerchief for my mother-in-law. Sorry the lighting is a bit terrible in the photo below but that's the start of the edging which matches the green in the hanky. My mother-in-law loves green, it's her favourite colour!
It's not difficult and pretty... but you have to not mind making lots and lots of Josephine Knots! I'll keep that one in my bag and get it done gradually.
Best wishes,
Frivole


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!