Saturday 17 March 2018

Reverse Quatrain Mod for Brussels

It really doesn't look the same but I've kept the same idea and stitch count.  I tried different centres... which do you prefer?  One has just four picots on a centre ring and only the big rings are joined to it (dark pink, bottom right); one has a larger ring in the middle and all rings are joined to it (dark pink, top left) and lastly, there is one without a centre ring (pale pink).  The fourth one (top right) was an earlier version that didn't work out so well, it was too pulled in towards the middle which made it too small.  The others do measure 3cm x 3cm and as you can see, they will now join easily at the corners.


I suppose it doesn't really matter which I pick and I could make several of each version.  When it's all put together, it's going to be hard to spot individual designs anyway.  I like the idea of a worldwide tatting endeavour and wonder how the finished "fabric" will look!

Thank you for your comments on the previous post.  It's wonderful to read that many of you have been participating and sending off your little squares.  

So what do you think?  Should I make all the same or send off different ones?  Which one do you prefer?  I think my favourite is probably top left (larger ring in centre, all other rings joined to it).

Best wishes,
Frivole

10 comments:

  1. I think they are all fabulous!! Each with it's own personality!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the top left, too.
    The bottom left is also elegant, but for this project (joining to create a large fabric) it may not be sturdy enough.

    Unrelated... but happened again y'day. Some of your posts cause my desktop to reboot which is why I hesitate to visit your blog :-( Been happening for almost 2 years now, off and on. I try to keep up on my tablet, though, when I'm feeling courageous ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top and bottom left are my favorites! For saving time, I'd go with the bottom left. For beautiful detail, top left. I guess what I'm really saying is, I would send a variety of squares!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mein Favorit ist links oben.Aber auch das Muster links unten gefällt mir gut.
    Schön sind alle auf ihre Art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too like the top left more over it has theme of connecting with all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all, but the top left is my favorite as well. They won’t necessarily all be placed together anyway (I don’t think?) so make different ones to represent the uniqueness of all women, and all tatters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Top left is my favorite, I vote for different not all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Top Left wins! The bottom left is beautiful, too. A variety would be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They’re all beautiful, but my favorite is the top left!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I quite like them all. But I am attracted to the simplicity of the square with the empty centre.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!