First of all the centre part wasn't lying flat at all - but that was stated in the pattern as it recommended pressing the piece after the centre part was made.
Surprisingly, it did go completely flat.
Let's carry on...
Hang on, that's way too tight,
I just can't fit all the little rings in!
Ah yes, my fault!
There should have been two picots on each
chain of the previous round, not three!!
Snip, snip, snip
Let's start again.
Now I've got the right number of picots,
the following round should work out better.
So I'm afraid that's all I've got to show for so far.
I thought I would be showing you the finished item in this blogpost but as you can see, I've been thwarted by my own incompetence!