Wednesday 5 February 2014

Heart of Hearts

A friend of mine recently suffered health problems.  I was thinking about her today, wondering what little something I could send her and then it occurred to me: what I need to make for her is… a heart.

I used this pattern to crochet two hearts which are then crocheted together around the edges.  Before closing it, I stuffed it with fibrefill and lavender so that the heart not only looks pretty, but smells lovely too!

A great little crochet heart.
But it was still missing a bit of something…

…yes, of course, a tatted edging.  






A very satisfying morning's work.

All the while thinking about my friend
and wishing her good health.

Best wishes,
Frivole

21 comments:

  1. is beautiful! i love your handmade

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! The tatting makes a nice accent to the crochet. Very nice. I hope your friend starts doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful sachet and perfect for this time of year too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the mix of crochet and tatting. Beautiful, and so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very nice. I am sure she will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is spectacular! A beautiful blending of crochet and tatting. The tatting gives it a beautiful edging! Beautifully done and a lovely gift! Is the heart your own design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, nice to "see" you again. No, the heart is not my own pattern and there is a link to the crochet pattern in the body of the post.

      Delete
  8. The edging makes it - and that colour is wonderful. It's got Valentine's writ all over it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done! I like the way the tatted edging compliments the crocheted heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so very beautiful !
    Love how you've applied tatting to crochet - merging them all into one warm heart !
    Hope your friend stays healthy & happy
    Muskaan

    ReplyDelete
  11. surprising combination of crochet and tatting, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely combination of crochet and tatting, A very beautiful heart. Well done I hope she likes it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful heart, with each stitch made of love.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a lovely gift. I hope your friend recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Frivole ! That is a new concept. In the past crochet has been used to strengthen tatting. From now on, tatting can be used to enhance beautifull crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! You are such an inspiration! What a lovely gift for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So lovely. That tatted edging really makes it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!