Thursday 20 February 2014

Golden Teapot

Had anybody guessed?  Apart from the lady in question of course.  This is Martha Ess's Anything Teapot.  Martha is the master of anything tea-tatting related!  I have made her pumpkin teapot before but had not spotted the lovely "Anything Teapot" which is available for free on her blog.  I also have her book "Tea is for Tatting" which has a great selection of tatted teapots and even cups and saucers!


Nice shape, isn't it?
Now I need to find what I'll fill the middle with…
And I think I might have found just the right thing…

Come back soon to see the finished teapot!

Best wishes,
Frivole

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pattern, and lovely golden teapot, I love her teapot book and showed a teapot I had made at the tatting talk I did last night at a local WI. They were amazed by it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one did you make from the book Margaret?

      Delete
  2. A girl can never have enough teapots. So, why not a golden one?It matches the honey that you put in your tea or on your bread. I love your steady tatting hands, so regular,....hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its funny, I thought it was a Martha Ess pattern but couldn't figure out what it was. I've made that teapot and love its flexibility.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! Love tea, and tatted teapots are really pretty fun. Attempted a few of Martha's teapots in her book. This will go on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, as always. And I love anything tea (the tea, the pots, the caddies, the cosies, the trivets... the tea parties and mad hats). I'm curious to see what you'll fill it with too - and know what it's to be used for when it's done. I can't tell the size from the picture but can imagine it in a very fancy trivet for one of my pretty china tea pots or appliqued to some fine cotton tulle for a tatted-beaded jug cover or - well, the possibilities are endless. What did you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!