Friday 15 March 2013

Trio de Trèfles

Trèfles... yes, clovers!  I went for the common three-leaf clover, instead of the lucky but elusive four-leaf one.

They are not difficult to make really.  You barely need a pattern.  With St. Patrick's coming soon, I was doodling and here is three ways to make a simple, small clover.




The stitch count is the same for all of them:  chains are 15ds and rings are 7-7.

The first one is the simplest (first one being the bottom one in the picture above) and can be made with one shuttle and ball.  Tat three 7-7 rings with just a bit of bare thread between the rings (a couple of millimetres), then reverse work and tat C15, join to tip of ring, C15, join to bare thread between rings, and so on.  Join back at beginning and make tail, this one is made with Victorian Sets (3-3).



For the next one, I wasn't sure I liked the open space in the centre of the shamrock.  So I started with a SCMR this time.  You need two shuttles wound ctm.  SCMR1, R7-7, 1-1, R7-7, 1-1, R7-7, 1, close SCMR.  C15 and join to tip of ring, C15, join to small picot, etc.  Join back at beginning and make tail (this one is made with a lock chain).


And for this last one, I decided to reverse the rings.  Chains could be a tad shorter so that the leaf is a bit less heart-shaped if desired.  R1-1-1-1-1-1(5 tiny picots), C15, R7+7(to small picot of centre ring), C15, join to next tiny picot, repeat all the way around.  Join back at beginning and make tail as before.



Best wishes,
Frivole

15 comments:

  1. They are adorable! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...interesting studies:)...I like the third the best...thanks for sharing with us...I have seen shamrocks often, but never thought about making them could be interesting ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Frivole, They all look good, but I like the looks of the third one best. It seems better balanced, and I too am not partial to the space in the center of the first one.
    I may have to make a few quick ones.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Thanks. A quick tat to wish someone luck perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom always said there was more than one way to skin a cat! [No cats have ever been skinned by mom or me!] You have found 3. I love the way your mind works. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely and thank you for the patterns you used.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my opinion the dark green one with the space in the middle is quintessential shamrock. The shape is the best of the three!

    O’Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Très sympa, j'aime particulièrement le troisième. J'essaye dès ce soir pour faire des boucles d'oreille !
    Merci beaucoup de partager ce modèle !
    Louise
    http://les-petits-bonheurs.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Louise, ça me fait plaisir! J'espère que vos boucles d'oreilles seront un succès.

      Delete
  9. Thank you! I've been looking for a simple shamrock pattern, and also a reason to try my first SCMR. You've just given me both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so beautiful & I love the colors you've used :-) I'm going to try out all 3 of them first as practice & then as adjuncts to possible 2d flowers ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  11. So wonderful for me that you do all the testing to give us "3" choices like the clover petals. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Maria, I hope you enjoy making them. :-)

      Delete
  12. You have a Nice Collection of Pattern thanks for sharing Buy Discounted Gift Card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!