Monday 4 March 2013

Four Ring Snowflake and HDTs

Here's another lovely pattern I found along my cyber-travels...  It is Wendy Durell's Four Ring Snowflake.  I think it's really pretty.

All my winding from the previous post (I wound ALL the HDTs I had - three thumbs up for the home-made swift!) enabled me to use some beautiful threads I'd had sitting in my box for a while.

The ones used below are both by Jess! at Tat-ilicious.


This is Punk Princess:

I like this colour even more than expected!



And this is Forest Dusk:

Now I knew I'd love this one (just my kind of colour)
and took the precaution of buying two skeins.
I always love greeny-blues or bluey-greens...

And I always particularly like her "messy" colours,
like this one, where there is a more random
but homogeneous colour blend.


The motif itself I like a lot.  It's made with splint rings in the centre and tatted all in one go - well, two rounds but continuous.

Best wishes,
Frivole

9 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty snowflake pattern! Thank you for sharing the link.

    I really enjoy working with hand-dyed threads. I'm always surprised by the way the colors look in a variety of designs, and there's something wonderful about the feel of the thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful pattern! Both color ways are great but that Forest Dusk is especially lovely! How would it be for a shamrock? Too blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would work for a shamrock Michelle - any particular pattern in mind?

      Delete
  3. Wonderful snowflake! Many thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the threads you have used! Such a pretty pattern. I thought it looked familiar and then found out why:

    http://www.tat-ology.com/2011/06/i-really-cannot-tat-anymore.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both snowflakes are beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! I love them both! I think that snowflake would make a lovely flower without the clovers on each point.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are both very pretty, the pattern and the threads, and of course the tatting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!