(I'm counting all eggs as ONE... this challenge is going by too fast!)
I just used some vintage edgings and winged it... Counted the motifs that fitted around the wide part of the egg and made some "ends" matching the number of repeats and then joined them with criss-cross threads. I was quite pleased with how they turned out. Might try to find some white eggs for next year. Funnily enough they can be difficult to find here in the UK.
Once the eggs were done I was wondering what the next project should be... I'd taken some of my new books away with me to enjoy perusing at my leisure and fancied the look of this doily from the book "Tatting from Burda" (Lacis Publications).
Here is a progress photo:
Motif 24 of 25-motif challenge
|Tatted in Lizbeth 20, "Mocha Light"|
I've done a few more rounds since I took this photo
so will have more to show you soon.
Now I've been very naughty and sneaked off to do this blog post when I should be unpacking and getting organised for the start of the week tomorrow! Many emails to answer and matters to be dealt with but that will be for the morning.