Wednesday 1 April 2020

Fleurette - Tatting Day!

I made a new video yesterday:  it shows how to make this vintage edging which I like a lot and have made several times.  This pattern can be found in lots of old publications; I have just re-written it (with my slightly amended stitch count) to make it more easily accessible to tatters.  I also designed a corner for it and gave it a name because in most books it didn't have one or else it just had a number or something.  Fleurette, meaning "little flower" seemed like a good name!

Anyway, tatting some samples for my video reminded me how much I like this simple edging which looks so pretty with a variegated thread for the flowers.

My elbow is still causing me problems so I cannot do a lot of tatting but I do enjoy the little bits wherever I can!




From left to right, the Lizbeth colours for the edged place mat are Spring Green & Tropical Punch; then it's Green Orchid Med with Easter Eggs and lastly Leaf Green Med with Juicy Watermelon.

I hope the little flowers cheer you up like they did me.  Oh, I'd not realised today was International Tatting Day!  It's an even better occasion to share this vintage pattern again then.  Happy tatting!

Best wishes,
Frivole

8 comments:

  1. So very beautiful and perfect for spring time and to bright the day!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely pattern and the right name. I’ve used it in a bookmark pattern. Good to have a corner, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty edging! I hope your elbow heals quickly. I have to remind myself to stop and do stretches. It seems that if I wait until my wrist or elbow bothers me, I've waited a bit too long. As always, I love seeing pictures of your tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that edging too, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your edging, beautiful
    A belated Happy international tatting day
    I hope your elbow gets better soon.
    stay safe and well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ich liebe deine Kanten und finde sie immer wieder sehr schön.
    Hoffen wir, dass dein Ellenbogen bald heilt. Ich wünsche eine gute und schnelle Genesung.
    Bleib gesund

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this thank you for sharing. Between the pattern and YouTube I am slowly working this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to share your blog. I loved Frivolite and I learned form my mom and she learned from her mom. The Fleurette Edging is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!