Saturday 21 September 2019

Preparing for a Visit

I've been invited to demonstrate tatting at Snowshill Manor, a National Trust Property, at the beginning of next month.  I'm therefore preparing items to take with me at the moment.  I thought I'd keep it simple and will just bring snowflakes and some earrings.  Here is a small selection of them:


I'll probably also take a few larger pieces just for display as I think it's nice for people who don't know about tatting to see what can be made.

On another note, I can't believe how much nights are starting to draw in already.  We've had lovely weather this past week (summer-like!) but rain is now forecast for the whole of next week:  autumn is on its way!

I love autumn though and this year is particularly good for wild blackberries from the hedgerows. Wonderful.  I've been making crumbles, pies, and jam.  How about you?  Are you a jam maker?

Best wishes,
Frivole

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous snowflakes!!! :)
    And I love your earrings!!!! :) Is that a design you have shared?? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi God's Kid, thank you for your comment. No, the flower earring design is one I have not shared... yet? I'm still not sure whether I'm keeping it to myself or if I'll write a pattern for it. I really like those flower earrings, have them in several colours for myself and am in fact wearing a pair today! :-)

      Delete
  2. Good publicity for tatting, I hope there’s a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I'm sure everyone will be in awe of your display. The weather didn't cooperate for us this year. The few blackberries we had were quickly eaten by the birds. I can't complain. Some years we have bumper crops, and we only have one bush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Diane, it's the same for our plum trees: we usually have a year of too much abundance so that we don't know what to do with the plums... followed by a year where there are hardly any on the branches (it's the case this year). But this year, the wild blackberries are particularly good and there's loads of them! I love gifts of nature like that. :-)

      Delete
  4. Your displays are lovely, will you take your monster doily as one of your big pieces? I’m sore you will get many positive comments. Hopefully you will sell out of everything!
    I’m no jam maker, but most autumn, you’ll find me making pesto, unless the basil has oddly shriveled up like this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, thank you! Yes, I'll take the large green doily and a few others. Oooh! Pesto! I love pesto... but have only made it once in my life I think. But we always have some in the cupboard (purchased), it's a staple in our house. :-)

      Delete
  5. Lovely tatting for your display.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely display of tatting, good luck with your demonstration
    After the soaking I had this morning yes Autumn is definitely here, with the trees turning and the nights drawing in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret! Yes, I don't like nights drawing in... :-(

      Delete
  7. I LOVE THE SNOWFLAKES AND REALLY LOVE THE EARRINGS. THEY WILL ALL BE A HIT. THE TATTING SHOULD INSPIRE ANYONE TO WANT TO LEARN TO TAT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!