Monday 8 April 2019

I'm Still Here!

Wow, this must be one of the longest time between posts, is it?  I'm still here, making more pottery, researching and writing at the moment and also doing work placements.

(if you're here to see "real" tatting, scroll further down the post!)

As you'll see I'm incorporating tatting with ceramics!  I have laser-cut some rubber mats that I use to press into clay.  The first little green cup is made with my Snow Crystal design.  It's a hand-shaped slab cup (not thrown on the wheel).


The second mat I made has two designs on it, one drawn from another type of lace (which you can see a bit of a the top of the image below) and the other drawn from my Flocon d'Or design.  The lines on that one are much finer than the Snow Crystal design and I wasn't sure it would work with clay but I was delighted to find that it worked great and the detailed design imprinted very well.



I made a bigger slab mug this time to test the new design.
I glazed it a few days ago and I'm waiting for it to be fired.
Cross fingers, it comes out well with the glaze!



And lastly yes!  A bit of tatting in thread too!
I'm working on a hanky edging with my one-shuttle edging pattern
which can be found here.
It's the second time I've made this edging.

There's also a video on how to make it here.





I do like a one-shuttle edging, simple and relaxing to make.  

I hope you are all doing well.

Best wishes,
Frivole

11 comments:

  1. Love your tatting mugs and your edging!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who wouldn’t love one of these tatting mugs? Tea, tatting mug and tatting, perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you posting. Your combination of tatting and clay is fascinating, love it. I’ve bookmarked the page because I’d like to try the edging, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful to see you incorporating tatting in your clay! It's also nice to see that you have time to get a little tatting done as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zwei wundervolle Occhi-Tassen.Die weiße Tasse gefällt mir besonders gut.
    Auch die Randspitze ist sehr schön und ich werde sie versuchen zu knüpfen
    Weiterhin viel Erfolg beim Töpfern von Occhi-Keramik

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really admire your work in clay! It's outstanding, I like that you can really see the depth of the tatting on the cup and the mat. That isn't easy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Combination of tatting and clay is wonderful! I also always like one shuttle laces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is perfection in everything you do! Amazing new concepts with tatting on ceramic items. Your videos are also excellent. Beautiful edging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I particularly love the Flocon d'Or mug. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mug with tatting is stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi again, Frivole. I was reviewing my own blog today, and I'm quite frustrated that I'm not keeping it current (to say the least). My last post was a year ago, and I mentioned one of my favorite subjects - interlocking rings (remember those?). I apparently didn't check my email a few weeks after the post because only today did I realize that you asked me a question, and I'm embarrassed that I didn't answer it, especially since I've always wanted you to try my tutorial for making interlocking rings with a shuttle, which are quite easy to do. So I just wanted to apologize for not replying to your comment back then!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!