Saturday 7 October 2017

Several More Samples Later...

Oh, you can keep fiddling forever!  But I think I'm happy with this most recent version.  I needed to space the centre rings more as there was some tension in the design but then I felt the circle right at the centre ended up too big so I decided to fill it.  Yes, I think I prefer that.  I lengthened the arms by a couple of stitches.  I also found that starting on a ring on a point enabled me to tat the whole thing in one pass without that awkward split ring I had in the previous post.  I added a few extra picots (I may change those a bit again)... to make it look more frosty!  I also added a bit more space between the chains as I thought it made it look a bit "heavy" when the two chains touched.  which lightens up the design.

Here are most of the samples I tatted pinned to my board.  I like to look at them as I work and let them speak to me as to how I should proceed!  :-)  Viewing designs from a distance also gives you a different perspective; it lets you see the overall shape, rather than the detail, and the play of positive versus negative space in the motif which helps me decide what modification to try next.



I hope I can come to a definitive version soon!

Best wishes,
Frivole

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Looks like it could easily have a beaded center too. I will definitely try this one when it is available :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing all your versions together gives insight to how time consuming the designing process can be! I think this is a pattern I will enjoy when it's available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, you really have worked hard on this design. I think your latest design is brilliant
    Looking forward to the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty!👍🏻👏🏻❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love those Josephines at the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely stunning!!! :)
    I love all the different versions too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These make a dazzling display! All of the variations are attractive. It's amazing that the 'final' one can be done in one pass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I just love this one. I can feel a chill in the air already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this pattern, it reminds me of the illustrated winter books from my childhood, with the most whimsical snowflakes you could imagine.
    I can only imagine how much hard work it is to make so many completed prototypes in search for the perfect design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for your nice comment on the snowflake. I really hope to have the pattern ready soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!