Friday 22 September 2017

Earrings and New Snowflake?

I'd forgotten how much I like these layered flowers.  I made several at some point and then forgot about the pattern.  I wanted to make some new earrings for my daughter so I made her a pair in green:





Idea from Edwige Renaudin's Book "La Frivolité aux Navettes"


I might change the size of the rings slightly on the next pair as there are three rows but the middle row is lost a bit so I'll try adjusting the number of stitches just a bit.

And I found a snowflake design I'd been working on a while back and which I never finished to my satisfaction.  I decided to have another stab at it.  I think the shape is interesting but it's still not quite right... and I want to find a way of working it continuously, in one pass.  At the moment, I can't link the 2nd to the 3rd round without a break.  I'll keep working at it.


Best wishes,
Frivole

6 comments:

  1. I love the earrings! I look forward to seeing the snowflake in one pass. Your designs are always so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful earrings!! :)
    Awesome snowflake!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how a favourite pattern can be forgotten for a while. I do like those earrings. I can see three layers now you say it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, a snowflake! Need a tester? The earrings are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Die Ohrringe sind sehr schön. Mir gefallen die Sterne sehr gut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowflake, if you need a tester I would be willing.
    Love the earrings, lovely pattern

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!