I realised I had too many sheets in each of my signatures for the first book so I made more for this book with fewer sheets in each.
Here they are, stacked up, holes punched through,
ready for sewing
About half-way through the sewing process.
I got myself a curved needle which makes it easier
to sew between the signatures
Book block completed.
For some reason though, I forgot to take pictures as I was making the cover! You have to cut two pieces for front and back covers and then another piece for the spine. You place those on a backing thickish paper and glue everything in place before covering with your decorative paper. Then glue the fly sheets of your book block into the cover.
(oh yes, Jentle with a "J" because it's the name of the ink…
in case any of you thought I can't spell! :-))
Knowing me, I'll no doubt get the urge to make yet more of these journals - I think one with a cloth spine would be cool to make next…
But I have to many other things to get on with! And it's Monday morning so I better get to work!