Wednesday 7 September 2022

Rugged Tatting

My son picked up a stone on the Jurassic coast and wanted to make a necklace out of it.  He wasn't happy with the cord he first used and then his sister gave him some waxed cotton cord but he thought it was too thin.  So I suggested that I tat the waxed cotton.  I thought a lock chain would make a nicely shaped cord for his necklace. 


We think it looks pretty good!


I hope you all had a nice summer.  I've been travelling quite a bit and not posting very much!  But I hope you've all enjoyed lots of creative projects and some lovely weather.  Can't believe it's September already.

Best wishes,
Frivole

14 comments:

  1. That looks fabulous!!! :)
    ~Sue (Tatting Lace in Grace)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piękny naszyjnik i ciekawy kamień :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant solution and a son who wants some tatting, lovely stone from Dorset. Yes it does not seem possible its September and its lovely we had some real summer, I hope you had a good summer travelling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment as always Margaret! Glad to hear you had a nice summer. Autumn well underway now! :-)

      Delete
  4. Eine sehr schöne Lösung für den Stein. Ja es ist ziemlich schnell September geworden und auch nicht mehr so heiß

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eine sehr schöne Lösung für den Stein. Es ist nun schnell Herbst geworden

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eine sehr schöne Idee mit Occhi für den hübschen Stein.
    Wir haben hier auch schon Herbst und es ist nicht mehr so heiß

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke! Glad you had a nice summer too. :-)

      Delete
  7. Sorry, didn't get this notification till now (end of oct!) and I totally agree, where did the year go? I LOVE lock chains, and yours looks extra lovely. Hope your son likes it. (I love rocks too and used to have quite the collection when I was a youngster. Lol)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post thank you Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!