It seems I faffed for ages with Crystal Star but this one popped into my head and the idea translated into the actual tatted star quite well. Well, it's not exactly as my initial sketch but it fell into place as I started tatting it.
I was still thinking of crystals and beads and how to incorporate them into designs. Something a bit different if possible. Instead of just in the centre, I thought I'd have them going up the arms of the star this time. I made the first one with crystals and then I thought I'd try with pearls (as in the mocha sample). I rather like the look with pearls for a change.
The white sample was the first one and I was still playing with stitch count and picots so it's less uniform than the mocha one.
I liked Polaris as a name (a suggestion from a few blogposts ago) but I did a quick search and found that my friend Robin has used that name for one of her designs so I think I'm going to go with "Étoile du Nord" if there are no objections to that name.