I fancied tackling a crochet garment and I looked around for what I thought would be the right pattern... something a bit lacy but also with a good shape. I chose this pattern but I only had 9 balls of Red Heart Fina dk in the "Dragonfly" colour way. Crochet does use up more wool than knitting... and what I thought was the yardage required for the pattern actually turned out to be the weight of the amount of wool required... but by the time I realised my mistake, I was already well advanced in the making of it. So by all accounts I shouldn't have had nearly enough wool to complete this project but somehow, just somehow, I managed to make it! I did shorten the length but I like it like that.
The pattern is a free one by Garnstudio
Actually if you're looking for patterns either for crochet or knitting
there is an incredible selection of free patterns offered on this website.
I think once I wash it, the wool will relax and it will lengthen a bit anyway. I was really having a mad dash with this and filled my evenings with trebles and shells. It went really quickly. Just a few days and it was finished.
These are not the right buttons and that's why they're not sewn on but it looked better for the photos. I need to find smaller ones that will fit between the trebles as there are are no buttonholes as such.
Yes, I enjoyed making this very much. Happy bunny. :-)