Monday 23 December 2013

Merry Christmas!

It's been a bit hectic here in the last week.  I was so late with my Christmas preparations that I've had to rush around quite a bit!  So after the snowflakes had all been posted in their Christmas cards, there was not much time for any more tatting.

I did start on a little project I plan to work on during the holidays - not tatting for a change!  Someone will recognise this beautiful hand-spun yarn.  I hope my project works out as I intend and I will show you more in the New Year if it does.




It's the evening before Christmas Eve.  I don't think I will be posting again until January so I would like to wish you a wonderful, peaceful, joyful Christmas with your families and friends.  I want to thank you for your supportive comments on my blog throughout the year.  I hope 2014 will be for you all another great year full of discoveries, creativity and happiness.


Best wishes,
Joëlle

12 comments:

  1. Your tatted ornament is beautiful!! What pattern and thread did you use? I love it and where did you get that beautiful sparkly ball. You might have just helped me decide what to tat for friends and family next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie, thank you! The pattern is my "Flocon Frivole" which is available in my free patterns section, it is tatted in Lizbeth 20 but I can't remember exactly which blue I used. I then added the crystal drops at each tip to weigh it down and help it stay in place on the bauble. Easy really!

      Delete
    2. How do you add the crystal drops at the tip? I've been trying to figure it out on my own to no avail. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyeux noel, frivole! Que l ' annee 2014 vous apporte sante et bonheur. Merci pour une anee sur votre blog, pleine de dentelles jolies et sophistiquees et de navettes incomparables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Tally, meilleurs voeux à toi aussi!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, and the same to you and your family. Love the Christmas ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bauble, I wish you and your family a very a happy Christmas and new year, thank you for the lovely patterns you have designed and given us over the last year, and I look forward to seeing your beautiful tatting in 2014
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your wonderful blog and generosity of spirit. Your gorgeous work is a constant source of inspiration and your patterns are truly a joy to work. Merry Christmas to you and yours! (Stunning bauble!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flocon Frivole looks great on that ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Frivole,
    Would you still have this pattern available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi K., yes, if you go to the pattern tab at the top of the page and scroll down to the free patterns section, it's called "le Flocon Frivole".

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!