Tuesday 26 November 2013

Jan Stawasz





I have always been a big fan of Jan's designs and feel very sad that we will see no more new creations from him.  When I heard he had passed away, I got one of his books out and tatted the red motif above whilst thinking about him.  I am really grateful for his contributions to the tatting world and will always cherish his two books which are some of my very favourite tatting publications.  I send my best wishes to his mourning family and friends.


Here are a few of Jan's designs I have tatted in the last couple of years.























As always,
Frivole

10 comments:

  1. I too feel the tatting world has lost a great designer and tatter.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG when did this happen? I had been to his site about a month ago where they said they would be re-releasing his first book and I emailed him requesting to purchase a copy. His work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says on his website that he died on the 21st. He was only 66.

      Delete
    2. I too, have enjoyed his designs and cherish his books. He will be greatly missed.

      Delete
  3. A very nice tribute, Frivole. I am pretty new to the tatting world. I will have to check HH for his books. His work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He recently published his second book which should be available and was in the process of re-publishing his first book which had become very hard to find and which may, now, sadly remain so.

      Delete
  4. What a very special tribute to Jan! The doily designs are spectacular, and your perfect tatting of them is awesome, The edging on the scarf is so elegant. It's a very sad time for Tat Land. He will be greatly missed.







    ReplyDelete
  5. He will be missed. A beautiful tribute to him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je suis bien peinée de la perte de ce grand Monsieur..Depuis que j'ai commencé la frivolité j'allais souvent sur son site et admirais son travail pour cette belle dentelle à la navette....
    Amitié

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!