Saturday 9 November 2013

A Bit of This, A Bit of That...

My shuttles are not far away but I'm still enjoying doing a variety of things at the moment.  This afternoon, I saw a video on circular brick stitch bead weaving and fancied having a go.



I liked how this turned out so as I had a party to go to tonight, I then decided that I could make a pair of earrings to go with the dress I was planning to wear.




I still managed to do a bit of tatting too.  A lady contacted me about the dancing butterfly edging I made some time ago... so long ago that I couldn't quite remember how I made it!  So I had to tat a bit of it to refresh my memory.  This is from the German tatting book with the peacock (Occhi Schiffchenspitze Frivolité by Marianne Langwieser and Tatiana Scharowa).  I've still not got the length of the antennae right so I need to play with this a bit more.  I do think it's a delightful pattern.

Dancing Butterflies, Lizbeth 20, "Easter Eggs"

Best wishes,
Frivole

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with your beading skills! I'm tempted by beading, I read Beading Daily every day, but I think I have too many crafts on the go already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive beading skills the set looks lovely and I am sure they looked beautiful with your dress.
    Lovely edging.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!