Saturday 26 October 2013

Bat on a Green Moon...

Inspired by Fox and Jon's stalwart efforts with the mystery doily, I picked mine up again and just completed the third round.  I need to do some catching up, the gals are way ahead of me!

I have not pressed it and the third round does frill a bit so that's why there is a slight overlap at one spot.  I just squashed it under the lid of my scanner.  I think the frilling will resolve itself with the fourth round anyway.

As it is the spooky season, I tatted Marty's bat to decorate my mat.
I went a tad wrong on the wings
(missed a couple of stitches in the centre segment)
but it's still looking pretty good.

Nice pattern.



Best wishes,
Frivole

8 comments:

  1. like this color and proud all you girls who tried and did so well with this doily, I am so not going to go there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doily looks wonderful!! :)
    Nice bat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bat, lovely mat so far, I don't know about being behind yours is looking lovely, the tortoise beat the hare in the end?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ojej jaki śliczny Batman ;-) Serwetka jest cudna!!
    Pozdrawiam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The designer of this doily must have been an unusual person, you do her honor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm honored -- really! That bat with that incredibly complex doily is an interesting juxtaposition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's a thank you very much to you Marty for such a cute bat pattern!

      Delete
  7. This mystery doily has spread around the world. Great job!
    http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art748.asp = pattern

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!