Whilst working some more on the snowflake from the previous post, another idea popped into my mind... I think it's worked out kinda neat.
And this is the first snowflake that I remade, testing whether I'm happy with the point. I still like the overall shape of the snowflake but not completely happy with its construction. So the point... I thought I was being clever by making a ONE STITCH SCMR. That's how I got the point. I think it does give a better pointy shape than making an SLT or a lock stitch. I've tried all three options and I think that, with a bit of refinement, the one-stitch-SCMR works well. I'll try to get comparative photos in a future post.
I worked this one in a size 10 too-fluffy thread which I don't really like.
I've also not abandoned the hanky edging.
I work on it here and there, in between other stuff,
and have now turned the second corner.
On the other hand, I just don't know where I put the butterfly doily! It has temporarily disappeared. It never ceases to amaze me how things can just vanish in this house. Hopefully it will re-surface soon and I might find time to do some work on it during the Christmas holiday.