Friday 24 February 2012

Frustrated!

I tatted a few more elements of the Tischband and I do like both the shape of the flowers and the leaves.  But when it comes to putting them together... AAAaaargh!


See what happens:
If I attach them where specified, I can't get the whole thing to lie flat at all!

I think it would need a longer picot where you attach the flowers together so that the edges aren't bunched up together and seemingly a looong picot at the centre of the leaves too to make space for them otherwise they end up on top of each other.  How's everybody else getting on with that?


Here I tried to pull the leaves into shape so that they are flat but then the flowers bunch up!

Now, do you guys think I should persevere, take this thing apart, re-tat the elements with longer picots where they are to be attached and have another go??

Best wishes,

13 comments:

  1. I'm planning on taking the plunge with the leaves this weekend. With as perfect as your tatting always is, I'm afraid of what my results might be. No matter what I think, I believe you will persevere. I don't picture you letting a pattern get the better of you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear - now I'm a bit worried. I'll be working on this over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't advise but can tell you that I had to take mine apart! It may be wonky, but the colours and the tatting are superb!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm amazed at the elements you've tatted. very pretty colours! good luck in the assembling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If i look closely the original Photoshop of the "Tischband "
    i see one more curve of chains and is so that i make my second leaf!
    You have choise beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I counting wrong then do you think? I shall examine the photo more closely but I did follow the written instructions to the letter for the leaves and that's how they came out.... I shall go see if you have a blog with photos of yours...

      Delete
  6. Je ne peux vous aider mais je trouve les couleurs et la réalisation superbes....
    Amitiés dentellières

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks everyone as always for your comments, I really appreciate all the input I get!

      Delete
  7. I found that after blocking, it does lay flat. I find that if I keep the picots on the 1st row really small, it helps. The leaf should be long and narrow so when you block, try to get them in that shape. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have not started it yet, I love your colours, can't help with why it's not lying properly by the time i get around to it everyone will have moved on to something else
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm almost finished with the last leaf and it looks like I'm going to have the same problem. I'm hoping a good steamy iron will fix it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had the same issue, but it really does look fine once it's blocked. I just got it damp and pressed it in to place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!